On request from the Apatani tribe of Ziro Valley, Claretian Missionaries opened SCCZ as the second private undergraduate school in the State, which, until then, had only seven government-run UG schools. SCCZ is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and permanently affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University, Itanagar. In 2014, SCCZ became the first private undergraduate school to be accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore. As on January 1, 2016, there are over 807 students under three streams, with 25 teaching faculty and 19 administrative and supportive staff.
- Bachelor of Arts (Anthropology, Economics, Education, English, Geography, History, Political Science)
- Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Short Term Certificate courses such as DCA, SAP, Psychological First Aid, Tourism Management
- Awarded “Commendation Certificate” from the Government of Arunachal Pradesh, for its services to higher education in the State.
- “Best National Service Scheme (NSS) Unit” of the State in 2010 and 2014.
- Winner of the “Discipline Trophy” five times in the Inter-Collegiate Youth Festival (ICYF) of the University.
- Publishes a peer-reviewed, international journal: InterViews: An Interdisciplinary Journal in Social Sciences (ISSN: 2349-400X)
- 83 University Ranks across 9 graduating batches (2006-2015)
- 100% pass four times in University examinations.
- 30-hour Claretine Holistic Education Program (CHEP) package as value education and soft skills.
- 100% tribal students receiving Governmental scholarship; 140 students receiving various college-level scholarships through endowments instituted.
- Food Fest Gastronomia; College Week Resonance; Inter-Departmental Fest Darpan