- Founded in: 2010
- Location: Nongmensong, Shillong, Meghalaya
- Diocese: Shillong
- Demographics: Semi-Urban, Tribal
- Ministries: Pastoral Care, Education, Community Development
Christu Nivas at Nongmensong has two major ministries: Pastoral care through St. Mary’s Parish established at Mawpat in 2012 and handed over to the Claretians by the archdiocese of Shillong, for a period of 25 years; and educational ministry through Saint Claret School that offers quality education to 910 students from nursery to Grade X. The parish serves a catholic population of 4,100 across 756 families in 12 villages. It has several vibrant and diverse associations wherein the laity actively participate and lead. Saint Claret School has become a symbol of excellence in Nongmensong, with its focus on comprehensive education that targets both the academic formation as well as character education, through its various clubs and associations. There are 26 faculty members serving at the school. A newly erected hostel currently caters to 24 students. Besides this Center school, there are one high school, four upper primary schools, and two lower primary schools under St. Mary’s Church. These seven schools under St. Mary’s Church serve a population of 749 students with the help of 42 teaching staff.
Christu Nivas at Nongmensong also houses the Office of the Mission Procura, JPIC Secretariat (Justice, Peace, and Integrity of Creation), and Khasi Bible Diary Project.
- Hostel Building Hostel Building
- Hostel Inauguration Hostel Inauguration
- St. Mary's Church St. Mary's Church
- Nongmensong School Nongmensong School
- Dynamic parish with active lay participation and vibrancy of faith.
- Saint Claret School is one of the best schools in the area, providing a holistic educational experience for its students.
- The Mission oversees the JPIC activities of the entire Delegation of the Northeast.
- Office of the Mission Procura at Nongmensong takes care of the needs of the various Claretian missions of the Northeast Region.
- Introduction of higher secondary grades at Saint Claret School.
- Indoor and Outdoor sports facilities
- Construction of Parish Church and Hall at Mawpat
Formation of lay leaders